Sunday, June 22, 2014

The light is right around the corner....wait for it's warmth to shine down on you.

A beautiful thought entered my mind today.

I was tossing and turning, trying to rest. I was unable to relax, unable to be completely at ease.

Dream. Wake up. Restless. Dream. Wake up. Toss. Turn. Dream.

Each time I woke up...something else happened. I noticed something comforting each time. The first time I woke up, I embraced the warmth and comfort of my bed...my bed that I bought myself when I was in a brand new place, all alone, starting to build my life.

The next time I woke up, I embraced the softness and comfort of my darling. Realized how lucky I was to experience his love and warmth when others (and I was one of them) crave to find that one person who listens to the beats and rhythms of their heart.....well, I have him. 

The final time I woke up, I was relishing in the previous two discoveries and also saw how beautiful the light peeking through my shades looked. So refreshing and calming. Shine down on me, light. You are always welcome to shine down on me. 

Life is like this. The more we wake up to embrace what is going on around us, the more refreshed and appreciative we feel. I used to live my life closed off. I was searching without really LOOKING, without really SEEING what was around me. I was not awake. 

Waking up means experiencing all that life has to offer. The good, the bad, the beautiful, the ugly and everything in between. It means welcoming life with open arms and understanding that we may go through those periods of tossing and turning, but just around the corner we have the light peeking through--waiting to comfort us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment