Friday, July 19, 2013

Be truly and purely and uniquely YOU <3

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” 
-Oscar Wilde

Who are you....really? Do you have a clear identity? A clear vision of your life and a clear vision of who you are? 

We often get so caught up in trying to be something that we forget who we truly are. Only in accepting our authentic selves can we embrace and love our true selves fully and completely. In doing so, we also gain a deeper understanding of ourselves and of others. We learn what our personal boundaries are, and we learn that they are okay. 

In letting go of the idea that our image defines us, we can love who we are on the inside-our true, authentic self. This is the person who will shine after all of our layers are shed. 

I used to feel like my hair made me beautiful. Everyone commented on my hair, so it was comforting to me to keep it long. I felt more attractive, alluring. However, I needed to realize this: it is really just hair. It is purely external. I am still a complete person with a complete personality with short hair, long hair, a face full of make-up or a freshly cleansed face. My worth is not in my exterior. I feel a sense of freedom and strength with my short hair. It feels good to just be able to let it go and still be ME....because, well--I am. We all are. 



You see...I am still FREE--because my peace comes from within. I encourage you all to break out of your comfort zone. You don't have to cut your hair, but do something that you felt you "couldn't" do before. Wear that dress that you have wanted to wear forever. Try that new bold lipstick. Or you could DO SOMETHING bold. Go to the movies or to a restaurant alone. Fully embrace yourself and LOVE yourself and enjoy EVERY MOMENT with yourself and I promise you--you will shine.

“To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.”
- Oscar Wilde
Giving to others allows me to see even further that the love we give makes us shine. I guarantee you this: if you provide kindness and love to someone who is alone and needs human interaction, they will not be concerned about what you look like. You will feel the comfort that you are providing them and a beauty will be formed through your actions that could never be achieved through any amount make-up, the perfect hairstyle, or the perfect outfit. 

“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” 
-Mahatma Gandhi




To donate your own ponytail, there are several 
Choices! Here is information on some :)






No comments:

Post a Comment